This quick and easy nicoise-style salad makes a great lunch or dinner and is excellent way to have a nutritious and tasty meal when time is limited.
6-7 leaves of cos lettuce, torn
1/2 tomato, chopped or 5-6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 lebanese cucmber, chopped into chunks
5 green beans, blanched
1 tin of tuna in oil
1 slice of wholegrain bread, cut into 2cm squares
40g fetta, crumbled (optional)
Squeeze of lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill a small saucepan with water and bring to the boil. Add the egg and cook for 5 minutes to hard boil. When cooked, put into bowl of cold water.
- To blanche beans, cover with boiling water, and refresh in ice cold water, then chop roughly.
- To toast bread, drizzle bread cubes with olive oil and cook in frypan until golden.
- Place lettuce, tomato, cucumber and beans into bowl.
- Top with tuna, oil and all.
- Crumble fetta over the top.
- Squeeze over lemon juice, add salt and pepper and serve.